Red Velvet Cupcakes recipe
The spring is slowly coming to Toronto and I’ve decided to share with you one of the best cupcakes recipes I’ve ever made. The texture of this red velvet cupcakes is smooth, melts in your mouth and you will definitely ask for more! I love this recipe because you don’t need any waiting time and you can easily mix everything in one cup! <3 Ideal dessert to share with your loved ones for any occasion of your life.
So, let’s make them.
What we will need:
- 160 grams of all-purpose flour
- 30 grams of cornstarch
- 6 grams of cocoa powder
- half tsp of baking powder
- half tsp of salt
- 70 grams of butter (room temperature)
- 200 grams of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla sugar or vanilla extract
- 120 ml of oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 120 ml of kefir
- 2tsp of red food coloring
- 1tsp of vinegar
- 300 grams of cream cheese
- 100 grams of icing sugar
- 100 ml of table cream (33%)
- 1tsp of vanilla sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (or 170C). Mix flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 min), if the mixture is not smooth enough, don’t worry about it at this stage of the recipe.
3. Add 120 ml of oil and keep mixing it at a high speed, then add 2 egg yolks and keep the egg whites aside, we will use them later.
4. Then add 120ml of kefir. In a small cup mix food coloring and vinegar, then add it to the mixture.
5. Gradually beat in our sifted flour mixture until just blended.
6. Then whisk our egg whites in a small cup and add them slowly to the mixture and mix everything once again.
7. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. (with this mixture you will get around 14-16 cupcakes in total).
8. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. While our cupcakes are cooling we can prepare the cream.
- Beat (cold!) cream cheese, icing and vanilla sugar until it looks fluffy. Then add (cold!) table cream, keep beating the mixture until smooth.
- Place the cream into the pastry bag and pipe a large swirl on top of each cupcake.
Yahoo! You’re all set. Enjoy with a cup of your favorite drink!
Thank you for reading!
Smile, bake and follow my tasty blog.
P.S. Thank you for the recipe, Victoria.